Submitted: 10-12-2006 by Steve Williams

The epic Cruiser 16 was purchased in Carbon Fibre primarily for its weight, which at 15.5 Kg has to be one of the lightest touring Kayaks around . Being perilously close to 60, I was finding that loading a kayak onto the roof rack was an ever increasing challenge with a 25Kg boat and an 11st frame!

The performance required was for an estuary / lake / inshore kayak in the UK, to carry a paddler of many years, plus equipment for a full days paddle in comfort.

This boat brings a big smile to my face every time that I use it. It is light, a joy to paddle, responsive, comfortable and fast! Stability is remarkable considering its cross section which is basically round and it recovers well, which to my mind is a more important factor than primary stability. Being low in profile at the bow and stern it makes light work of cross winds.

The seat, backrest and footrest are all easily adjusted for perfect balance and the build quality is very good.

Often paddling alone, I would have preferred a colour other than the black of Carbon Fibre, but overall this is my only real criticism and I can truly commend this kayak to you for consideration, should you have a similar requirement to myself.