Submitted: 10-12-2006 by akdmint
I picked up a used Pintail earlier this summer. Keyhole cockpit and no pump. I fell in love with it paddling on a windy, wavy day. At 5'5, 120 lbs. it fits me much better than many other boats, however I am currently working on padding it out some more. I have taken it on long day trips and a couple of overnighters. With a backpacker's mentality, there is definetely enough room for a weekend trip and I'm confident I could even get enough in there for a two week trip. The boat handles great with some weight in it. The dry hatches are a joy! Even after lots of rolling, they are still bone dry. Easy to roll, edge, and manuever. If I want to go straight I do drop the skeg, and it does it's job keeping the boat on track.

It is not the fastest boat out there, but on a day trip with a couple of friends in faster boats, I was able to keep up and even get ahead when the wind and waves picked up. Fun boat to surf waves with!! And finally, it's a really pretty boat and ya' gotta love the compliments other people have when they see it on the water.