Submitted: 10-11-2006 by rjwarg

Fun boat, maneuverable, purple!! The first boat I ever looked at and loved. It rolled over the first time I sat in it. Turns on a dime and handles rough water nicely as long as it's moving and the paddle's in the water. Sit still for a snack or a drink and it gets tippy. It's supposed to be around 58 pounds but feels heavier out of the water.

My boat had quality issues. The polywhatever plastic is soft, easily scratched and slippery when wet. But it's tough and is likely to last a long time. On my boat the bulkheads leaked, the hatch cover retainer broke.

The rudder pedals are minimalist. Simple design and probably easy to maintain but the rudder pedals bind up. Re-entry after a wet exit requires particular attention to the position of the pedals because they can slip aftward and be difficult or impossible to re-engage. Makes it hard to stay stable while pumping out and recovering.

The thigh pads came unstuck. The "tupperware" hatch covers don't always seat firmly and the rear cover tends to work loose when I'm struggling to re-board.

The seat is very comfortable. I've taken 3 hour trips with no discomfort. The handling is a treat. It tracks straight, goes (pretty) fast and turns 180 degrees in just a few strokes. I never had it really rough water but I wouldn't hesitate. I just had to stay busy and alert, kinda like riding a bike, when you stop it falls over.

After 6 months I'm trading my Pisgah in on a higher quality, steadier boat with hard hatch covers and fixed rudder pedals. More suitable to my real needs.