Submitted: 10-05-2006 by mb

I just got a new Odyessy and am very pleased with its handling. I read some of the other reviews. One guy complained about his back hurting. That is typical of out-of-shape people sitting in any kayak. You need to do some sit-ups and maybe even stretch once or twice a week ;-)

I took the Odyessy out in some 3 - 4 foot wind chop along with 6 foot of swell. Stayed on track, very stable, and surfed some small waves. What a great little kayak.

I don't know of a kayak that I would keep 'stock.' I always make some adjustments. On this one I put some padding in to make a better knee/thigh brace. I took the seat back out and replaced with a back band. I may change the footpegs with another system, just checking on what would fit the best.

If you have some boat handling skills (know how to edge) then this 13'2" kayak loves to spin around on a dime. It tracks well in almost any conditions, and have some great secondary stability.

This is a sports car of a kayak, not to be confused with a recreational kayak. You need some boat skills, bracing, have good strokes, and be in reasonable shape to appreciate this kayak.