Submitted: 10-05-2006 by Kelly1369

I've had the Tahiti for about 6 months and have a love hate relationship with it. It got me hooked on kayaking and has survived some class II/III white water. It doesn't respond quite as fast to turns in the class III and had me resting up against a rock now and again. If you buy it, buy a skeg. Maneuvering without a skeg in calm water is a pain. I managed to snap my first skeg in half on a class II chute but have wasted no time in replacing it. It seems to be fairly thick skinned and more durable than I thought it would be. I would not recommend it as a two person kayak unless you are very short legged. I recommend one person with a beer cooler to fully utilize its potential. I've found that its 400lbs capacity is excellent for a 250lbs person. It is super easy to get in and out of even in deep water. The color drives me nuts.