Submitted: 10-02-2006 by jnberg

This was my first kayak. I have since purchased a Kajak Sport Artisan Millenium, but I still love to take my Montour out on creeks and streams in my area.

I've always been comforable in this kayak, and it handles well in all conditions with good primary and excellent secondary stability and fantastic maneuverability. I've had it out on 3 foot waves in Duluth Harbor without a problem, and it actually surfs quite well, with just enough speed to catch up to waves.

The only downside is listening to the gurgling sound off the bow when you are at cruising speed ~4-5knots. Sometimes it is soothing, but it can also scare wildlife away before you have a chance to see it. It does go away at lower speeds though.

The skeg is a very nice touch, and it helps the boat to track very well considering its short length.