Submitted: 09-29-2006 by Don Stachowiak

I bought my first and second kayaks this Summer. The first was a Streak by Mainstream, not a bad little boat but I'm a big guy, and the little cockpit was a hassle and I weigh close to the max weight, so when I ran across a second hand Inuvik for a bargain price, I jumped at it. I am delighted with this boat, its easy to get in and out of, tracks great, serves my purposes (fishing and photography) well, carries all my gear, and I'm planning on doing some camping in it this fall. I rate it an 8 only because I haven't had enough experience of other kayaks to compare it directly, but I couldn't be more pleased with it. I fount it a little awkward to load at first, but I have equippen my Yakima rack with hull raisers and a boat loader bar, and now it's a snap. I have a canoe I still like, but with the ease of handling this boat affords, ny canoe will be getting a lot less use. I keep my Inuvik on the roof all the time, and if I find myself crossing a likely looking stream or river, pond or lake, it's a snap to snatch it off the roof, throw it in the water and paddle away.