Submitted: 09-29-2006 by Mdb1974

I purchased my first 130t about 14 months ago and took it out about 50 times before the plastic around the rear seat began to warp and crack. I was concerned that this was simple do to my size (240 pds). WS assured me this was not the case and replaced the boat hassle free.

I now have another boat I use for solo trips and the primary use for my 130T is when I take my two six year old kids out. I paddle from the middle seat and they are in the front and rear seats. The width of the boat in the middle seat is not ideal and you may be forced to modify your stroke to avoid the front passenger. None the less it is manageable for three people (providing at least one is a child).

The boat handles well and is extremely stable. The high level of buoyancy makes it a blast in the surf, especially with two people.

Overall I have been very happy with the boat. Other SOT manufactures don't offer a tandem with the versatility or ergonomics of the WS. It would be nice if they offered a 140T or 160T but for now the 130T seems to be the best SOT Tandem available.

Two friends, having paddled ours, have purchased their own and a third is considering it.