Submitted: 09-27-2006 by Peter M

What an awesome little boat!! My wife and I were fortunate to be able to pick up a matched pair of used Streaks for $600CDN (including paddles and sprayskirts). We took them out this past weekend for a leisurely 10km (6.2 mile) lake paddle and had a great time. The boat is very comfortable, as others have mentioned (we were in them for about 4 hours), and I find it more than roomy enough (I'm 6'2", 195lbs). The wide cockpit allowed my knees to bend, and there was tons of room for my size-11 feet even when the footpegs were fully extended (which I have found is not the case with most rec kayaks under 10 feet). They are very stable - I felt like I could dive off the boat without tipping it. I found the tracking to be excellent (for a boat this length). I paddled hard a few times, just to see how quickly I could go if I wanted to, and was very impressed at the speed I was able to pick up and maintain fairly easily. I will say this: there was a fair amount of chop on the lake as it was quite windy. When I was really pushing it into the waves, I ended up being really glad I had the sprayskirt on, because a fair amount of water was on it. This wouldn't be a problem at all in calm water, but just for comfort and convenience I would strongly recommend the sprayskirt if you get out in choppy or moving water at all. All in all, for the price, the Streak is a fun, practical and very affordable intro to recreational kayaking and I would highly recommend it.