Submitted: 09-25-2006 by glamontd
I got this on a clearance/overstock sale in May w/some birthday money. I have been renting and trying out other kayaks for several months before this. My experience has been mostly in canoes when I was a teen and college age. I was looking for something that I could easily get to the numberous lakes and rivers easily in Upper East Tennessee where I live. I am not into white water and prefer the tranquil lakes and flowing rivers. The Heritage does very well, it tracks well w/a hight angle stroke. Does not track well w/a low angle stroke like others in this size range. The Pungo seemed to track a litte better. I added a paddle holder which I think is needed in any kayak. I also have added floation in bow and stern since the Recreational kayaks have minimal flotation and this does not have a bulkhead in the back to help. For the price it does very well. It handles the inconsiderate boat wakes that I have had to go over, even one that came up on me very close from behind and hit me broad side, without much fuss at all. The only thing that I do not like is that there is a dent in the bottom that I have not been able to get out from where I carried this on the roof of my car the first couple of time. I have since developed a way tie it down w/out making a dent. What I would like to see is an option to add a bulk head and rear hatch and paddle park/holder. Over all vrey good especially considering the price!