Submitted: 09-25-2006 by MSP

The designers at Hurricane delivered what they said on this one. For an 11 1/2 footer it tracks very well, turns easily, and is a pleasure to paddle. The beam is carried aft making the boat quick for it's length. The open cockpit makes it easy to jump in, and room to store a fly tube in my case. There is more room behind the very comfortable seat. For the tropics, you can't beat the open cockpit for staying cooler. I did get some water in over the bow from a boat wake, but it wasn't enough to get concerned about. A skirt may be necessary for rougher water. The kayak has two sealed compartments and two bulkheads, so no air bag is needed. At thirty five pounds, I can shoulder carry it, and car top it myself quite easily. I didn't hear any hull slap at all making it quite stealthy! This boat is a welcomed addition to my "fleet". Especially when I am kayaking alone.