Submitted: 09-25-2006 by B Jensen

I have a mixed review here in that I absolutely loved this paddle as far as gentle, lake kayaking was concerned.

But sadly I went kayaking in the ocean recently and tried to do get through some waves - I flipped over and was recovering my boat and still had my paddle in hand when a wave hit me and next thing I know I'm holding on to half a paddle. Now mind you I never abused this paddle and nothing but a wave hit it and it split. I emailed Lightening and they have been sold and there is no warranty or repair service at this time nor would it be warranted. Maybe that's right or not but when you spend $350 on a paddle one expects it to handle fairly well in mildly turbulent water. This was the first time I'd ever been in this kind of water and this paddle is not to be counted on for anything but flat water paddling.