Submitted: 09-19-2006 by matt james

I got an Otter XT cause it was only 20$ more then the Otter at the Cabelas. Good advice is to wait till the end of the season to buy em cheap at Cabelas. I live in Utah, I've brought it out on calm rivers, small lakes, to huge reservoirs. super stable I even can stand up in this thing, I am only 14 though. its really maneuverable, and I wouldn't know how fast it is cause I can't compare it to anything cause this is my first kayak, has quite a bit of storage space, I just keep a dry pak back there. traks pretty good, and almost fits in the truck. Recommend it a lot, heck get 2 for the price on 1 good one. great starter, I plan on gettin a bigger on in the future, oh and i would recond to XT for even up to 60$ extra has a better seat and foot pegs and a paddle holder so all in all, get it.