Submitted: 09-19-2006 by

I just had the opportunity to paddle a friend's Labrador a couple of days ago. I was impressed. I paddle a Legend (built by seaward), and have been really loving it. The Labrador suprized me by the knee brace positioning. I understand that you can get a choice of position from Boreal. It immediately felt quite comfortable, and really provided a great connection with the boat. Rolling it is silly - and the low stern deck make it a real pleasure to lay back on (like the Ellsmere). I was very impressed with its response to edging, and it seemed to have a nice tight radius for such a long boat. I think the reverse hard chine is a sound design, as I've really enjoyed the performance of both the Labrador and the Ellsmere. One think I don't like so much is the skeg control 'dial'. It's a bit in the way to rap your nuckles on, and you don't have the ability to push the skeg down. Performance wise - excellent.