Submitted: 09-18-2006 by Undercat

I have an Intrigue and I agree with the guy who said the workmanship shows signs of being very lax. The way the seats are attached is very poor. Right now, I am in procress of replacing all the wood hangers. It's a good little boat but not godlike and invincible like the marketers would have you believe. I get the feeling what they did was, they sacrificed strength for lightness. I estimate it would have added 5 pounds to make the seats and yoke in an acceptably strong fashion. Also, too much rocker in the boat for open water. Great solo boat for rivers and carrying thru woods to a swamp but noticably bad tracking on open water. I knew this would be the case when I bought it but didn't realize it would be that pronounced. Looking back I wish I'd got a canoe a foot or more longer with less rocker. I overpaid for my Intrigue I do believe. It was like $1000 when I bought it. Happy canoeing everybody!!