Submitted: 09-18-2006 by MacETAC

I had used Grumman canoes many times while I was growing up. The first one I purchased I noticed at a marine store. It was obviously used and upon inquiry, was informed I could purchase it for $200.00.... SOLD!!! This is the 15' model with a motor transom. I use a 40lb trolling motor on it, and take it fishing, wildlife watching, exploring, etc....

The second Grumman I own I found for sale in a local paper. I went and looked at it and immediately recognized it as a sailing canoe. It has all the mounts and holes neccessary for the sailing rig... I just don't have one. Price on this canoe... $200.00.

I won't part with either of them as the kids get good use out of them. I am in search of someone who has the sailing rig and can make me some measurements so I might build a rig. I know it should be simple, I would just like to get it as close to original as possible...