Submitted: 09-13-2006 by Alvin Bustamante

Iíve had the Feelfree Nomad for a little over two months now and used it about 21 times now. The first time I took it out at Bass Lake in Central California. The kayak was very ziggy and I did not enjoy it too much. When I stopped paddling the kayak would turn immediately to one side. After a few more frustrating outings at Newport Harbor I decided to order the skeg from Feelfree. I installed the skeg and took it out at Newport Harbor again, what a big difference the skeg makes; now it tracks more truer and the ziggyness of it was greatly decreased. One note about the skeg it will snag kelp (seaweed) so bring a knife just in case. I enjoy the Nomad a lot more now and frequently take it out Dana Point, CA and go out about 1 to 2 miles out of the Harbor entrance. My average speed with this kayak is around 3mph (GPS). I give it an 8 because they should have included the skeg which cost $47.00 on eBay.