Submitted: 09-11-2006 by wsdepa

I just bought the AdvancedFrame Convertible and just took it out to the lake for the maiden voyage. I am very impressed with how fast and easy it sets up. No more than ten minutes. The valves could not be easier. It paddles easy and tracks straight. Two of us had it out in about ten knots of wind with a good chop and I was surprised at how fast we could go - especially into the wind. Although most of the construction seems to be very sturdy, I was a little worried about the relatively flimsy looking inflatible floor so I trimmed two pieces of blue foam sleeping pads ( Walmart $ 5.50 each) to fit the contours of the bow and stern and lay them on top of the floor and let them overlap in the middle. This protects the floor and keeps your seat a little drier. I will use these pads to sleep on when we overnight. We plan to use this boat for coastal and lake paddling on the month-long trips we take in out truck camper where an inflatable was the only storage option. I knock off one point because I wish it was a little lighter.