Submitted: 09-11-2006 by Marc W

I bought a Hobie Kona a week or so ago (after much research on the internet). I have taken it out a few times now and have found that its features are what really turns me on about this kayak. It is light, very easy to transport to the water either on roof wracks or cart wheels. It is easy to push forward with 2 people or one and my dog enjoys the ride!

I really like the clips for the paddles and inclusion of drink bottles. The rubber lines on the stern for stowing the wheels whilst paddling and the 2 hatches for keeping important things dry are great features. I appreciate the fact that it came inclusive with paddles which are weel crafted and very light.

Another major plus is the seats. They provide wonderful support for the back and I am able to maintain a comfortable posture and adjust the seats for any friends whom may come for a paddle with me. Its stability makes it easy for me as a newbie and I can't wait to use it barramundi fishing in season. It's easy to see why Hobie is a world leader in catamarans as the attention to intelligent design and craftsmanship is outstanding.

It's only real downfall for me is the cost in Australian dollars.

OS Systems: