Submitted: 03-23-2000 by Jeff

The Cobra Explorer is a polypropylene sit on top that is fast considering how stable it is. It sits high in the water, and has a sleek pointed nose compared to Ocean Kayak. The boat tracks very well, even in whitecaps and ocean swells. I use the yak as a fishing platform in freshwater, and it is easy to portage over small distances using the thigh strap on the two inside eyes. I can be over a beaver damn and onto a new lake in twenty seconds.

I rig a live-well in the place for scuba tanks that is great for keeping fish. It is easy to re-enter in deep water because it doesn't roll when I push myself up and in. This is always appreciated on a hot day. There are three things I don't like about my boat. 1. I have long legs and my feet are in the last foot slots. I would like to bend my legs less. (I am 6' 1"). 2. The foredeck is a little flimsy. The yak is only forty pounds though, which makes it responsive when paddling. 3. There is considerable 'hull slap' but this is not a bother to me. It is a great multipurpose kayak.