Submitted: 09-08-2006 by kabjkm

This is my second review of the Feelfree Nomad. I took it out to the Ocean and visited a line of keys near Honeymoon Island off the coast of West Florida. It was a slow go for the ten mile circular route but not unexpected for a ten foot kayak. It took on very little water, stored everything I took along, and I had a great time. The rear straps can hold a medium sized cooler and the waterproof baskets under the hatches keep things dry.

The tracking was somewhat zigzaggy but corrects with paddling and will improve with the skeg. I've always been a glutton for punishment going 10 miles in a rec boat but usually leave the 12-14 footers behind squeemishly hugging the shorelines (why do they do that?).

I'm very satisfied with this kayak and recommend it for ocean, surf, or flatwater uses.

Harken Hoister: