Submitted: 09-06-2006 by MCDFAM

I have owned it for 4 months and used it on twisty wooded creeks and Class III ww. The thigh braces are useless and caused me to loose an edge once coming into a cross current and flip. They are useless for edging and rolling. I replaced them with the agressive freestyle braces from an RPM and now I can hold an edge and brace at 80 degrees easy. Rolling is still difficult but better. AT least I can roll it now although you have to have one powerful hip snap. If the technique is off even a little it won't roll up. I find it really maneuverable, even more with the different thigh braces and have had tremendous fun all summer. Never used the skeg as it goes perfectly straight with a nice vertical power stroke. leaky bulkhead, useless thigh braces, terrible cheap footbraces (also replaced), but very maneuverable and lots of room for day trips and overnighters. A good beginner boat for me but because it is so hard to roll it does not bring allot of confidence to ww running. Prepare to swim allot or perfect your technique.