Submitted: 09-05-2006 by Mike Kopack

What great fun - I picked up a Yukon Expedition a week age and took her down the Cape Fear River in the sandhills of NC. I'm definatly a novice, but let me give this a shot.

The Yukon tracks much better than the whitewater boats that I'd paddled recently along the same track, quite a bit faster, and relaxing to paddle. (although certianly not as well tracking or fast as a 17' sea boat). She's stable as a rock, places that I'd been a little nervous in the WW boat, I paddled hard and blasted right through. Quite a lot of water comes over the bow, right up to (and in) the cockpit, but even with the extra water weight she was stable and easy to paddle right through the rough stuff (skirt is on order...)

I was comfortable taking the Yukon anywhere that the more experienced WW guys were going - while carrying all of their drinks, snacks and gear. Can't beat that.