Submitted: 09-05-2006 by SS

After my first kayaking experience 3 years ago in a sit upon, I came home to tell my husband, we had to get kayaks for the creek we have a camphouse on. While out of town and just looking in Sporting Goods stores, I found an sale ad for the Patriots. The store didn't have one in stock, but found two for me in Atlanta. The best trip we ever took and some of the best money we've ever spent. As to tracking, I have to agree, it's in the paddler. My in-laws have the Old Maine loons and they don't track nearly as well, nor is it nearly as stable. As the area we kayak on is filled with submerged stumps, the flat bottom of the Patriot is ideal. I would recommend this kayak to anyone, and have nephews that also prefer this to the Loon. My only complaint is the seat. I wish it had a little more padding.