Submitted: 09-05-2006 by cooldoctor1

The Werner Corryvrecken paddle is a superior high angle paddle that is great for flat-water speed. A larger blade than many other Werner paddles, including the more forgiving Shuna, the Corryvrecken is the paddle of choice for moving the aqua. A fine choice for rapid and workout paddles, my Corryvrecken is the fiberglass model, with transparent thin blades and the adjustable ferrule which is a Godsend on windy days to adjust your feather; the wind likes to catch the generous blades as much as the water. Feathering can become mandatory, and for those that prefer a nonfeathered paddle, this might not be a good choice in windy conditions. My shaft is straight and I find this very comfortable on my wrists. A solid choice for high angle paddling expeditions, and a worthwhile investment.