Submitted: 08-31-2006 by haught

I first reviewed my 14 foot Sea Eagle in 2004 & thought I would add a couple of observations. I have used the boat in a wide variety of conditions & I still enjoy the boat's versatility. She excells at camping & load carrying. We took her to Baja Sur Mexico & was a comfortable day long fishing craft during an extended camping trip. Also discovered that she was perfect for birding & approaching wildlife - very quiet - you can't make noise if you bump your paddle into the side. Can be a bear in the Sea of Cortez winds, but all the paddlers I saw were working hard. Now that I have a home, I plan to buy a hard boat that I can throw onto the roof of my truck & go. The ritual of inflating, deflating, & wrestling her into a packable unit grows tiresome for casual paddles around the area. I could leave her ready to go, but fear the elements would get to her. Still, she has been a great boat & I will hang on to her for road trips & other suitable adventures.

NOCQUA Adventure Gear: