Submitted: 08-29-2006 by cooldoctor1

EJís Rolling and Bracing is a superb DVD for learning whitewater kayak rolling. It is well lighted, has exceptional sound quality, and has a brand name without compare: Eric Jackson. The DVD also features his children, and has outdoor and poolside demos. Underwater camera angles round out the benefits. This DVD would seem to be imperative for anyone desiring a full-on, home instruction in the art of the roll. I have the Kayak Roll video, and find it to be less comprehensive and understandable compared to this EJís video. I have deducted two points only for this video, however. First, it appears to be very much about Whitewater rolling; there is nary a sea kayak on the entire DVD. Although the roll methods might be the same, I would like to see the rolls demonstrated on a long sea boat. Second, the Bracing portion of the video is very briefóperhaps only 8 minutes of the entire 40 minute program. As bracing is in the title of the DVD, I would have assumed a more comprehensive tutorial on bracing. It appears that EJ only teaches as much bracing as is necessary to initiate the roll. Overall, however, I think that I could teach myself to roll with this video, or at minimum have the basics ready to approach a rolling seminar. And for this, the DVD is worth the price. EJ is a very engaging speaker. Please note: the features section of the video, accessed from the menu, has interviews with EJís kids, and a segment on teaching the roll for instructors.