Submitted: 08-28-2006 by gdg

Bought the yak this weekend and took it out on the river that afternoon. I'm 5' 4" tall and found it a great fit for my size with plenty of room left over for fishing rod and tackle. The rod holder is useless to me being so far forward and I found the forward hatch leak annoying. As the yak filled with water is becasme harder to handle. The seat needs a better design to allow water to drain. I will need to use some type of seat cushion in cooler weather to stay dry. The yak is also heavier than I would have liked. But overall, it is a great Yak for the price.($392) I plan to take it on an overnight river trip next weekend and packed it with my tent, sleeping bag and everything I needed. I was able to store all my gear in the yak just fine but will need to wrap it all in plastic to keep it dry. The yak can take a beating, since it flew out of my pickup on the way home and had hardly a scratch on it and no hull damage. For the price, a great starter yak!