Submitted: 08-28-2006 by paddle-n-fish

This is a really fun little canoe to paddle. Lightweight, only 33 lbs. so it gets used more than my other canoes. It's size makes it easy to go exploring up little feeder creeks off the main lakes and perfect for fishing little beaver ponds. You can spin it on a dime and turn it around in the tightest spots in the backcountry. Pretty stable, but a bit more twitchy than my 16 and 18 foot tandems. Not surprising as it has less beam, no problem once you get used to it. It makes a great fishing canoe...all your gear close at hand. Being highly maneuverable also means it's not the best tracker. However, a good J-stroke will keep it fairly straight and it responds to pries and draws real well. I tried a double blade with mine and it improves the speed and handling, but not enough to make me want to give up my single blade. I have done a few solo trips out of it from overnighters to a 5 day trip. Very pleasant to use in that capacity. Two packs and a small cooler plus fishing gear fit well for me. This canoe would be great for someone looking for an inexpensive, lightweight solo canoe.

Space Trailers :