Submitted: 03-20-2000 by Hugh Roth

Took this boat out and ran into high (25 knts +) wind about 1.5 miles out. The boat did not want to turn into the wind (no surprise), but once there, it tracked like a champ. I raised the skeg to see what would happen. The tracking all the way home was wonderful--all that was required was a little kneeing.

Very comfortable, adjustable seat. I was able to keep my hands down and use a lot of body rotation fighting the wind back home. Did not ding my thumbs on the coaming. Pearling into the waves splashed my face some. Boat felt stable. Rear hatch was dry; did not check front hatch. Seas really were not big enough to test their waterproofness (?). Deck line hardware fittings were smooth on the inside of the hatches. Able to carry it comfortably on my shoulder. Concerns: at 10 cubic feet, not very much cargo space.