Submitted: 08-17-2006 by Mark Nelson

My Pintail followed eight years in an Anis Acuta. So I'm sold on the Valley quality and heritage. The Pintail feels big after the AA, but I've always thought of it as a padsdling sports car on water. I roll it almost everytime I'm out, I ride waves downwind, play in surf, and do long point to points, all with equal eaze. Mine is all pistachio green done up in Kevlar, keyhole and foot-bilge pump. The AA was ocean cockpit, and I went to the keyhole for easier entry and exit and do appreciate that. But sometimes I miss the comfort and fit of the smaller cockpit. I think people should own both in life.

If you have a newer Pintail, beware of pushing the skep cable if the skeg is pinned in. The cable kinks and it must be re-wired (a small job for a skilled kayak technician). Happened to me, but the local Valley shop had it figured out. ( Yes, we have one!)

I'll never need another kayak unless I take to long camping expeditions, or need something under 40 pounds (mine is 48 lbs).