Submitted: 08-15-2006 by boyscout
I always wanted one and finaly got one this year. the cypress can be a nice fun kayak. for a nice price alll things considered. or a real pain. I have met few who didn't like it. and while it is not my main boat or likly to be. I enjoy the tracking speed, and ease of turning. The only people I have seen that couldn't enjoy it for what it offered had a few common facters: 1) the wrong size to small/big; 2) balance issues, or unable to get over the initial balence of the kayak; 3) expect too much from it and don't except the learning curve that goes with any new boat.( no matter how big/small)

The only reason for a 8 rating is that I prefer more open kayaks or canoes and tend to be picky on the back support. The freind who is keeping it for me loves it. I just hope I can get it back from him the next time I want to cruise the lake with it.