Submitted: 08-09-2006 by dandip

I bought the Blast Kayak after I injured my arm loading and unloading my 14ft conoe on and off the roof rack of my Ford Escape. I got the blast so that I could get on the water and handle the loading myself without risk of injury. Its been great! I use my Blast almost 4 to 5 times a week and it handles terrific. I bought my wife one and she loves it. We often hit the lake together for an hour or so in the early morning and have plenty of time to get ready for work. I've taken it to many lakes in North and South Carolina including some mountain lakes, the New River and lakes and rivers in the low country around Charlestown SC. This boat was a great buy and I highly recomend it to some one looking to get into kayaking. I recently purchased a Liquidlogic Tryon only because the seat cracked on the Blast, ( do not step on the seat when entering or exiting) which I tried to repair with fiberglass, but it did not hold. Duct tape though seems to have gotten the job done. I hope to enjoy my Tryon as much as I have enjoyed my Blast.

New York Kayak Co.: