Submitted: 08-08-2006 by lakota

I love the Greenland Pro; it has been really good to me over the past year since I bought it. The fit, finish on delivery was excellent and the dealer help fitting foam pads to fit the boat to me, since it didnít have foot pegs. I had to wait 4 months for the boat. I sold my Chatham 18 in graphite which was an excellent boat also. The boat is water tight with no leakage. You have to burp the hatches they are that water tight or at least on this boat.

I found the handling excellent under severe conditions on New Yorkís Finger Lakes during the winter months. I used it for my hunting trips in the Adirondackís last November and found the boat very useful to get into areaís that are difficult to hike to. I took the boat out twice a week from December to May for work outs on the lake roughly about 8 miles per work out. The Greenland Pro seems to go faster or it seems so in rougher water for me, but that can be an illusion. I use Greenland paddles with my boat because there is less stress on my wristís and are quick for a bracing stroke. The skeg works fine, but had very little use, except in extreme conditions to trim the boat out a little going down wind.

The boat is fast and glides gracefully between strokes, I try to time my strokes so my body doesnít wear out to quickly and reserve my strength when I need it. The boat will cruise easily at 5mph without a problem and could go faster, but I am not out for speed. I could out pace my old Chatham 18 which my friend has purchased and he is physical fit gym teacher at a high school. He works out every day, but can not keep up with me when I want to go fast at a steady pace. He uses standard paddles and doesnít use his torso when he paddles.

My rating for the Greenland Pro is 10 since I couldnít rate it better. It is a solidly built boat for exploring, work outís, and expeditionís.