Submitted: 08-02-2006 by dnovo

A really good choice for a novice or beginning paddler in the 200 pound range and with limited agility. The intial stability is outstanding. The multi-chined hull and wide beam make it easy for a newbie such as I to lean, feel the secondary stability, and hold it there with ease without rolling over in the process. I tried several others at the same time and had some issues with stability given my size, build (large shoulders and short legs, so a lot of 'me' above the waterline.) Prijoin Kodiak? Rolled it over doing a draw stroke. QCC 500X? Secondary stability very hard to 'locate.'

The Tsumani is fairly heavy and is slow to turn and to pick up speed, a trade off I suppose of the factors that make it so stable and its solid build. The plus there is that it should take a fair amount of abuse. Tracks very well, little need to use the rudder.