Submitted: 08-02-2006 by musicmama

OCEAN KAYAK (SOT Scrambler XT angler edition). I purchased an Ocean Kayak Scrambler early in Spring (2006). This little floater is great for glass-calm waters, and handles pretty well going bow-first, headlong into moderate winds and bay chop. It's a nice little fishing vessel for kayaking newbees, and occassional paddlers. I would not recommend it for anything more serious or more frequent. Sidelong winds make controling the craf very difficult. The fishing pole holders are a great way for water to get into the hull, and they are positioned BEHIND the seat area (difficult to reach if you have back problems.... GREAT for trolling). My MAJOR issue with this vessel.... the plastic warps VERY easily in the heat! In 100+ degree temps that we are experiencing this summer, I can't seem to make it 5 miles down to road to the creek without the craft losing its factory molded shape. Hull-drag sucks! Re-shaping the craft after each outing in severe heat sucks! If anyone has ideas on how to prevent this problem from garage on bow-point storage to the creek 5 miles away, or any longer trips for that matter, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I can not afford to upgrade at this time, so any help in maint. would be appreciated. NOTE: I do NOT have this problem in cooler temperatures (85 and below).