Submitted: 07-31-2006 by TlyleCT

Capable and fast, but leaves room for improvement. We bought ours off of ebay at a fair price. Our only point of comparison, as far as tandems go, is an Acadia II which we have used in the ocean a on a few occasions. Both boats have good initial stability and track well. The Sundance II is a noticeably faster boat and very easy to get moving. The boat responds well to the Yakima rudder and maneuvers well (considering the size) without the rudder.

As far as comfort is concerned, we had no problem with the seats or the legroom. However, the pipes that run down each side of the cockpit, to allow the front seat to be adjustable, leave almost no space to access the rudder peddles (this is a major design flaw). Also, given the ample room in the stern, I see no reason why they didnít build in a bulkhead and a hatch.

I did notice the boat bending a bit in the middle while on the roof rack. I think this is a symptom of the material and the length of the open cockpit. What is a benefit on the water is not always a benefit out of the water.

This is a comfortable and fun recreational boat that can be used to cover a lot of water. While it feels very stable, given the large open cockpit, this is a fair-weather boat.

Katadyn: