Submitted: 07-27-2006 by LC

I shopped carefully and bought the 130T after selling two other kayaks (one solo SOT and a very large tandem sit-in with rudder. It is a pretty dry riding SOT- the scupper holes don't really need plugs- if you are that phobic of the water why are you kayaking in the first place? Compared to my old tandem and two i rented in the past, i would say the 130T is the most compact in size and shape, yet delivers the fastest glide. Also, a SOT tandem is much easier for passengers to get into and out of than a sit-in simply because of the large open space. And large SOTs are much easier to carry on and off the cartop than a large sit-in. My wife and I love the comfort level of the seats. I bought a seat band for the middle seat depression (does not come with a seatback) so I can ride solo in the middle position. I haven't had it long enough to comment much on solo riding in it, but I can sense it will perform well--- so well that I won't find the need to keep 2 kayaks around like i used to. An SOT is versatile enough for calm or surf- I recommend this boat.