Submitted: 07-24-2006 by ekirstein

Received my Sunny a few weeks ago. We are really liking it. I made some mods, though. I added "D"Rings on either side of the seats glued to the tubes so that the seat back is now supported by the tubes and not by the seat bottom. This is a huge improvement. I send you a photo if you email me.

Second mod is I made a longer but shallower skeg, about 2.5" x 8". Works just as well with less draft. Also, you don't have to screw it on each time you use it. Replace the wingnuts with Stainless Steel Nylock nuts. Then attach the skeg to the brackets on just one side. Tighten the screws using wrenches. You never need to loosen these. When you assemble the boat, just slip the skeg and two brackets in from one side. Then slip in the opposite brackets while folding the floor over to make room. Once the boat is inflated, there is no place for any of the pieces to fall out.