Submitted: 07-24-2006 by dring
What are you looking for? If you are looking for a 21" wide fast fiberglass kayak you are in the wrong area. If you are looking for a stable kayak that tracks well and is afordable this is a fine kayak. I fly fish and do photography from this kayak. I wanted a very stable kayak with little or no chance of tipping or rolling. I am 6'1" and 170#. I thought this kayak would be a bobber when it was just me and no gear, but I have been able to control this kayak very well in windy and calm conditions. This is my first kayak and my first summer of kayaking. I have used this kayak on Level I rapids and it has gone well. The plastic hull takes a beating and is very forgiving with a new kayaker. My kayak has some marks on the bottom but the integrity of the hull is not at risk. I have taken it on lake Michigan in 2 foot swells with a wind chop on top and it was a blast. The wind does make tracking a little more work, but I found that I have not needed a rudder yet. I have taken it on a trip on slower moving rivers for 45 miles. I averaged 4.5 miles per hour and that was with taking pictures and taking in God beautiful creation. This kayak performed well and that was with a full three day load. Even with me and all my gear I was still floating in 3 inches of water. This kayak is not a fiberglass or kevlar, it does not have a fancy name, but it does perform well for what it was made, and is very afordable, well made, and fun. I rated this kayak an 8 because I believe a 10 is a kayak that is awesome fast, costs $300, does not tip unlass you want it to, does not need a rudder unless you like them, can carry a ton, tracks and turns perfect, and weighs 30#. Basically, I am suggesting for my purposes this is a very nice kayak. God bless and happy kayaking.

Thunder Bay Tourism: