Submitted: 07-19-2006 by sweetstrawberry72

I bought my Victory 'Blast'in Spring '04, after much research into buying my first kayak. I have canoed for 16yrs, mostly interior camping and lakes, but needed more of a challenge. It is a great beginner kayak due to it's stability, lightweight and ease of handling. I am 5'3, and 115lbs, and have no difficulty in carrying or transporting this little wonder. I have even doubled with my daughter in the boat, who is also my size and had no difficulty paddling upstream, except for the C1 rapids. And call me CRAZY but I have even ventured out 4 times this year already to go interior camping in my Blast, portaging and all. It was a tight squeeze but I was able to get enough gear for two nights out. I have ridden up to C3 rapids with my Blast but wouldn't recommend it, unless you have the experience and know the waters! I even survived a C5(should have CBR), but spent 45min pinned in the middle of the sluice up against a rock, before getting myself free. I don't recommend camping in this boat is for everyone, but it can be done. I am now buying a couple of R5 River Runners, to try something different but will continue using my Blast as much as possible, especially on those camping trips . This kayak "takes a licking and keeps on clicking" (the kms that is). A strong sturdy kayak that tracks well in all weather and I find even loaded has great 'freeboard'. The only dislike is the seat which digs in my pelvis at the back and the straps do loosen. I would recommend this kayak for anyone interested in kayaking but not sure where to start without spending a fortune. This was a great little beginner for me, to experience different waters to find out what kind of kayaking I was interested in pursuing. Keep your Paddle in the H2O!:)

NRS: