Submitted: 07-17-2006 by carldelo
I was going to build my own rack, but the Talic design looked like a better version of my idea, so I decided to buy it instead. I've been using a single unit for several months now and am happy with it. I have it supported on bare 2x3 studs on edge in front of a brick wall - it's a rental garage, so I couldn't drill into the brick. It's not obvious from the website, but the arms rotate about the fastener that holds them to the wall mount. Because of this, the bare studs allow the arms to be raised to the vertical position when there's no boat on the rack - a good feature for me as the rack is mounted at head-height to clear the roof of my car. The only thing I would change is that the ends of the arms are bare plywood, and you can scratch a delicate boat if you don't lift it over them - I added a little foam padding there.

Black Lagoon Products, LLC: