Submitted: 07-17-2006 by MerlinMc

I have the "Plus" version. It does load quickly though that efficiency is lost through the extra time it takes to install the carrier (see below). Would probably be best for surf sea or K1/K2 type of kayaks. OK for sea kayak as long as it's not too heavy.

Likes: Once the EZ-Vee is installed, the kayak can be loaded and secured quickly with the bungies; No bowlines; Seems to be well-made.

Dislikes: Not only expensive, the actual cost was higher than what was advertised on the Kayakpro website; The minicell foam on the "vees" is not strongly adhered; The rack does not install quickly (eight allen head screws)and cannot really be left on the vehicle when not in use.

Rating is for product only. OK overall, but with some definite trade-offs compared to other alternatives. Moreover, I would have to disagree with the Kayakpro's website calling this the "ultimate kayak transportation."

Kayakpro.com still shows the incorrect price despite my complaint when I purchased mine awhile back (I still had to pay the higher price). Rating: 6 of 10

Sealline: