Submitted: 07-17-2006 by aamandm

OK, I canít take the negative reviews of this boats weight and tracking anymore without adding my opinion. Yes it weights 82 pounds. It is a moderately priced, wide, 16 foot plastic boat that is practically indestructible and impossible to tip. That means heavy. Stop whining. I have loaded this on a jeep CJ and Ford F-250 mostly by myself for three years without any problems. It is not light but if it is really that hard for you then please go hit the weights and or ask someone how to load a kayak. (older persons and the injured are excused.) You can certainly get a lighter boat. Just fork over $3,000 for a Kevlar tandem. This is a great family and or recreation boat. You can paddle it solo, with two, with two and dog or kid (or both). The room between the seats is especially helpful for fishing or other gear. You can buy a rudder, extra seats and accessories. It tracks fine if you have good technique. I have been caught out in storms and been in plenty of chop and strong crosswinds and come out fine. Tracks as well as my Necky Looksha? Of course not! Stability is great. I took it out first thing and TRIED to turn it over. It is really hard , it floods first. Summary- This boat will serve any family for years and years for a moderate price.