Submitted: 07-17-2006 by relic

The only fault is the gasket on the front hatch. I have two of these if that measns anything. Bought one several years ago and landed a used one recently. Amazed at my luck. I live on the third coast and have lots of protected and bay water as well as Gulf water. The first time I took it to the surf, it handled the breakers way too well and I got complacent and got dumped a lot because of overconfidence or neglegence. I've been to the Cypress swamps with it and it snaked through fallen trees like a champ. Very manouverable. Haven't been camping yet, looking for a plan on that one. Lifting it is like a bar of soap. I just strap it the bed of my pickup and cam-strap it in with a flag on the end. Not much lifting there. Just taking it to waist high. It loads fast that way. Texas winters aren't that bad so the SOT is good for all year. Nothing a wet suit couldn't handle. Loading the front in wind is probably a good idea, I'm only 170# so I don't push it deep enough to get a long water line. Makes it cool for loading down though.

Thunder Bay Tourism: