Submitted: 07-17-2006 by tarponman
I've owned this boat now for one year. I have taken it to small bayous, large lakes, brackish dune lakes, and some pretty rough surf. It has performed well and exceeded my expectations. I bought it to be an all-around versatile yak that I could load on the SUV by myself.

My wife and I have taken our two young boys with us almost every time, and while their patience runs out after an hour or two, we love it. My seven year-old sits in the rear tank well and fishes, while the three year old hangs out in the front footwells. I found that, with all four of us, scupper water will tend to marinate the boys' bottoms. That's OK - problem solved - I bought two bags of foam practice golf balls (the ugly yellow ones at W-mart), and stuff 'em in the scupper holes. Eight of these will do the trick, and for a lot cheaper than the mftr's scupper plugs. You won't lose 'em - they float.

Anyway, this boat does exceedingly well under all conditions - no whitewater yet. It does turn a bit slow, but that's because it tracks great going in a straight line. Not a bad trade-off. I'll probably buy another one when the boys are too big to fit in there with us.

One complaint: the hooks keep coming off the bungee cords that hold the seats in an upright position. I think this is an issue that WS could fix very easily by making the cords longer. This way, there wouldn't be as much tension on the cords.