Submitted: 07-12-2006 by jpbfrompa

I purchased the Kasko as a second boat to my primary boat which is an Impex Mystic. I wanted this boat mainly for creeks and rivers and maybe an occassional lake trip or to take along a friend. I am extremely pleased with this boat. This boat weighs approximately 47 lbs and measures 13'2" from bow to stern and is 23 3/4" wide with a rather small cockpit for a rec hybrid touring yak. I am 5' 6" and 150 lbs and it is a good fit for me. If you need a larger cockpit, the sister boat is the Oopik. My boat is outfitted with bow and stern bulkheads, very nice hatches and adequate deck rigging. It does not have a rudder but is molded to accept one but if you have a decent skill level you can lean this boat easily to turn it. It is highly manueverable but seems more like a longer boat in performance. It tracks pretty well for a 13' boat but due to it's higher profile(14"deep) and no drop-down skeg it will need some correction in stiff wind or surf. I have used this boat in all types of water and I am thoroughly pleased with it. The design with hard chines and the narrow width of this boat, along with great craftsmanship make this a keeper. The seat and backrest is comfortable but the cable support for the backrest is a little tacky. If this boat had a drop-down skeg I would rate it a 10 but overall this is one fine boat.