Submitted: 07-11-2006 by greywolf

I recently purchased the Royalex version of the Charles River.So far it has lived up 100% to the description Old Town offers. I have had a blast on class 1 and 2 water, while sometimes I slip up into thin water where the bass boats cant't go.If your going to get your boat out once every two or three years buy a cheaper boat. If your a paddler with only moderate skills, you want a boat that tracks like a dream, turns with little effort, has both initial stability and secandary stability, can haul a load if you need it to, is faster than most boats you might bumb around with,and looks really really great, get a Charles River.I'd bet I have had one hundred people look her over on the river and say " wow, thats a good looking canoe".I grew up paddeling the Discovery 169 also from Old Town, but you'll never trade my for this sweet boat!