Submitted: 07-10-2006 by k2002man

I took my wife and daughter out today(7/7/06) - their first attempt with the Futura II. They had a blast! They loved the skis! They were quickly able to navigate and propel themselves around a large fresh water lake. While well out in the lake they jumped ship and swam some - I was nervous and concerned about their ability to self rescue - no problem! This was a key feature of why I wanted a surf ski over a conventional sit-in touring kayak. The other kayaks that we have rented were like tanks, slow, hard to propel, yet high initial stablity - the surf ski glides swiftly on the water. Thanks again for your help choosing these kayaks, we couldn't have made a better choice. I believe I studied every type of kayak made and the Futura kayaks/skis kept coming up as the best. I didn't intend to spend what I did, but knew I would be disappointed with any other choice - I'm satisfied! The Futura II is very well built, fast on the water, easy to maneuver and easy to car top. I was really concerned about the length and car topping long kayaks - no problems as the kevlar/fiberglass lay-up is stiff, strong and light weight.