Submitted: 07-05-2006 by gnatcatcher
I have owned/demoed/borrowed several 12' and under rec boats through the years - Perception Keowee, Old town Otter, Perception Pacifica, and Old Town Loon 120, and Dagger Delta. We currently own the Loon 120 and were looking for another smaller boat, due to storage space constraints as well as the cramped little areas we sometimes paddle. This little kayak is absolutely amazing. I have absolutely no trouble keeping up with my husband in his Loon. As a matter of fact, the Loon feels like a barge by comparison. Although there is a little yaw upon acceleration, it virtually disappears when up to speed. It gets up to speed quickly and is easy to keep up to speed because the glide is phenominal for an 11' boat. The seat is comfortable and easy to adjust on the fly, as are the foot braces. It tracks very well for its size, but also turn easily with a little lean.

My husband tried the boat and liked it as well but thought that it might be a little cramped for him after a while. He's 6'0, 180 lbs. I'm 5'3, 155, and it fits me well.

I have to admit I was leery about down-sizing (I also have a Carolina 13.5), but this little boat is absolutely wonderful. The only thing I would change is the hatch cover - I prefer the rubber ones. And that's why it's a 9 and not a 10.